Milk- 1 cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Maida- [all purpose flour ]-nearly 3 cups
Semolina(rawa) : 1 cup
Salt- a pinch
Ghee- 1 cup
Oil to fry
1. Mix ghee, sugar and milk in a pan and heat it till the sugar melts and the mixture starts boiling. As soon as the mixture starts boiling, turn off the heat.
2. Let the mixture cool down.
3. Mix maida and semolina in above mixture and keep adding it till you get a nice, stiff dough. The consistency of the dough should be such that you should be able to roll it. [not too thin, not too stiff.]
4. Heat oil in a kadhai. Divide the dough in equal parts, roll it into round shape like a chapati. [it should not be very thin.]
5. Cut it with a knife in diamond shape. Note: You can cut them in your desire shape.
6. Fry in oil on medium heat till you get light brown colour.
7. Nice crispy crunchy Shankarpali are ready to eat.
Sending it over to EC for Fried Snack Event Announcement
And to Shanthi's Dussehra, Dhanteras and Diwali event
And Also to EC's WYF:Tea time snack event announcement
Thursday, July 2, 2009